Sunday 5 December 2010

New Script

As we changed the character's relationship and location, I had to adapt the script. Were going to give the audience a sense of dramatic irony, as any good drama does, as we will know that the younger brother is muslim, but when it comes to the conversation scene in the pub, we find that he is trying to shield is identity from his brother.
here is a sample:
The pub is a little dirty and run down, if there is ever a cleaner, he is not there now. We can almost smell the odour of the footballs fan's beers. As we pan through the pub we see that is quite busy. MITCH is awkwardly sitting alone on a small table. STAN effortlessly glides through the pub with two pints of beers in his hands. His eyes are focused on his, 'golden- boy' and the camera follows him to his seat. MITCH begins to become less stiff.



STAN
Here we are, get that down ya.

MITCH
Cheers (muffled)

STAN begins to gulp down the beer instantly before MITCH even replies. MITCH strokes the beer gently, contemplating whether to drink it or not. STAN glances over the top of his already half empty glass at MITCH and realises something is wrong.

STAN
I know what you’re thinking.  Listen Mitch, mum/

MITCH
I'm not thinking about her Stan

STAN
She would of wanted us to keep on going as if/

MITCH
 Stan can you please stop I've I've just...well I've decided to give up the drink. (Quietly) that's all

There’s an awkward silence. STAN looks confused

STAN
Ey? What’s brought this on then? We did jus' win MITCH...go on Mitch, its Cors, light beer
He winks

MITCH
I'm not on a bloody diet I just don't feel like drinking anymore dad, not now, not ever.

STAN
Alright then, more for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment